HEALING FOODS – This diet is not just a diet; it’s a tool that will launch you into a total health transformation. This diet was designed to help anyone triumph over diseases like: Diabetes, Obesity, Heart Disease, Autism, Digestive disorders, Fatigue, Depression, Hormone imbalance, and Cancer prevention.
The diet targets FIVE ASPECTS of your health to help you gain victory over any illness
- Decreases Inflammation – Most diseases today are due to inflammation. Inflammation damages your cells and arterials walls and causes High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, Arthritis, and digestive disorders like Crohn’s disease to name a few. By reducing inflammation your body is better able to heal from any disease.
- Alkalizes body – Your body should have an average pH of 7.36. A can of soda literally has a pH of 2.5 and it would take approximately 30 glasses of water just to balance things out. Green vegetable juices like wheat grass and spinach help restore the body’s proper pH. All diseases including infections, Osteoporosis and Cancer thrive in an acidic environment. By alkalizing your body your cells can heal and regenerate at the highest level.
- Lowers blood glucose – One of the primary causes of Diabetes and weight gain are burnt out and insulin receptors. By lowering blood glucose levels, insulin receptors can heal and your body can begin to produce normal amounts of insulin to heal diabetes and leptin for weight loss.
- Eliminates Toxins – Toxicity has become epidemic in or society today and is a major cause of our increase in hormonal imbalance and autoimmune diseases. The diet helps problems like female disorders, infertility, hypothyroidism and headaches by balancing hormones and helps in reversal of autoimmune diseases like Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, Alzheimer’s, and Autism.
- Optimum Nutrients – Many of today’s illnesses are due to nutritional deficiencies. Most of the foods we eat today are processed and stripped of all vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants and enzymes. This diet slows the aging process, improves mental capacity, and increases energy levels.
The Healing Foods Diet consists of eating equal amounts (33% each) of clean protein sources, healthy fats, and low glycemic carbohydrates in the forms of fruits and vegetables.
1. Removing the BAD FATS – Replacing them with GOOD FATS.
Bad fats such as hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated oils, trans fats, soybean oil, canola oil and vegetable oils cause heart disease, stroke, diabetes, cancer, chronic fatigue, and neurotoxic syndrome. Bad fats create chronic inflammation throughout the body inducing disease. Good fats are essential to hormone production, cancer prevention, brain development, weight loss, cellular healing, and anti-inflammation.
2. Change the MEATS that you EAT.
There are hundreds of studies that link commercial meats with cancer and heart disease. The grain fed to animals that were created to eat grass changes fatty acid ratios (too much omega-6, not enough omega-3) and denatures good fats, leading to modern day disease. The bioaccumulation of commercial pesticides, herbicides, antibiotics, and hormones in meats are causing a toxic onslaught, which leads to many cancers, neurological disorders and chronic illness. Grass fed and free range meats offer many fatty acids missing in the Standard American Diet (SAD) such as: aracodonic acid, congegated linoleic acid, and Omega 3 fatty acids.
3. Remove ALL Refined SUGARS and GRAINS from your Diet.
This includes white rice, white pasta, and white bread. 1/3 sugar comes from soft drinks, 2/3 from hidden sources including: lunch meats, pizza, sauces, breads, soups, crackers, fruit drinks, canned foods, yogurt, ketchup, mayonnaise, etc. High glycemic or refined sugars cause elevated glucose, which elevates insulin leading to premature aging and degenerative diseases such as type II diabetes, heart disease (inflammation of the arteries), and cancer.
Sugar is an anti-nutrient offering insignificant amounts of vitamins and minerals and robbing your body of precious nutrient stores. This inevitably leads to diseases of the new millennium such as chronic fatigue, ADD, ADHD, heart disease, diabetes, and cancers.
Low glycemic carbohydrates in the forms of fruits and vegetables have high amounts of fiber, enzymes, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that help you age slower, improve energy levels, lose weight, and naturally detoxify your cells.
Foods on the Healing Foods Diet
|Nuts & Seeds (raw is best)|
|Walnuts||Macadamia nuts||Brazil nuts|
|Pine nuts||Pumpkin Seeds||Flaxseeds|
|Hempseeds||Chia seeds||NO peanuts (biotoxic and high omega-6)|
|Black beans||Adzuki beans||Kidney beans|
|Pinto beans||White beans||Lima beans|
|Blackberries||Acai Berries||Goji Berries|
|Fruits (to be eaten in moderation)|
|Dairy (raw is best)|
|Goats milk||Goats milk yogurt||Goats milk cheese|
|Fats & Oils (organic is best)|
|Grapeseed Oil||Olive Oil||Flaxseed Oil|
|Hempseed Oil||Pumpkin Seed Oil||Borage Oil (GLA)|
|Fish Oil||Cod Liver Oil||Avocado Oil|
|Vegetables (high fiber and low glycemic)|
|Grasses (wheat and barley)||Green beans||Green lettuces|
|Heart of palm||Kale||Mushrooms|
|Vegetables (to be eaten in moderation)|
|Chick peas (garbanzo)||Legumes||Leeks|
|Pumpkin||Squash (acorn, butternut, winter, summer, spaghetti)||Tomatoes|
|Meats/Protein (all-natural poultry and grass-fed meat)|
|Eggs (cage free)||Fish (wild caught)||Chicken|
|Lower fiber Carbohydrates (NOT on Healing Foods Diet, but on Basic Diet)|
|Buckwheat||Corn (non-GMO)||Ezekiel bread|
|Sprouted grains||Steel cut oats||Sweet Potatoes or Yams|
|Sea Salt (Celtic, Himalayan, or sea)||Apple cider vinegar||Balsamic vinegar|
|Mustard||Organic flavorings (vanilla, almond, etc.)||Vegenaise w/ grapeseed oil|
|Cocoa and Carob||Herbs and spices (basil, rosemary, curry, cinnamon, etc.)s||Soy sauce (wheat free), liquid amino’s|
|Sweeteners (NOT on Healing Foods Diet, but on Basic Diet)|
|Raw Honey (unheated in small amounts)||Agave Nectar||Maple syrup grade A or B|
|Brown rice syrup|
|Purified, non-chlorinated water||Natural sparkling water, no carbonation added (Pellegrino)||Herbal Teas (unsweetened preferably organic)|
|Raw Vegetable juices||Raw lemonade (Stevia, lemons and water)||Fermented drinks|